Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 903-892-0042
Pays according to experience.
Oversee and supervise the daily activities of the shift and be responsible for the quality of work performed. Assist in general facility, building maintenance and refrigeration. Provide decision, direction, and resource management necessary to operate, troubleshoot, set up, adjust, repair, and maintain equipment supporting manufacturing processes. This position will be able to make decisions and provide direction to ensure uninterrupted service and maintain product quality and manufacturing efficiency. Ensure adherence to all safety, environmental and quality policies, and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the Maintenance subject matter expert. Ensure that all the Maintenance personnel on the shift are trained and in compliance with required qualification to operate equipment relevant to their position.
- Coordinate, write and monitor the departmental preventative maintenance program to assure equipment is properly maintained to minimize downtime and meet OSHA requirements.
- Work with outside contractors for repair or revision to equipment or facility.
- Initiate and maintain accurate records and reports (e.g., daily reports, injury reports and special projects). Track labor and downtime, and report daily to management.
- Maintain schedules, time sheets, PMs and generate work orders for the Maintenance Team.
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety policies, PSM, RETA, USDA, QA,
HACCP and sanitation rules and regulation, and company policies.
- Supervise mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair of all the plant equipment, including
(at a minimum) conveyors, mixers, ovens, fryers, motors, pumps, ammonia, pneumatic and hydraulics systems.
- Coordinate/communicate with site personnel to identify and prevent problems that affect plant performance.
- Develop and stimulate improvement processes, techniques and good work practices (GMPs).
- Contribute to continuous improvement of maintenance methods and processes, working with other functions such as Engineering.
- Establish maintenance schedules and repair estimates.
- Maintain work schedule compliance records, PMs, work orders, and maintenance programs.
- Ensure USDA compliance through completion scheduling.
- Regular and dependable attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- HS diploma, plus technical education or equivalent to five years documented experience in an
industrial maintenance related field. A minimum of two years of leadership experience.
- Must have a good understanding of HVAC, ammonia refrigeration, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic,
and mechanical systems.
- Ability and knowledge of gauges, measurements, proper use of tools, and machine blueprint reading.
- Experience in computerized maintenance systems with ammonia/industrial refrigeration/mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Must be willing to work on and support other shifts and weekends as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of five years of experience in the manufacturing environment and excellent knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, electronic, PLCs, mechanical equipment, ammonia refrigeration, boilers and facilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written,
oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Other Qualifications:
- Must have gone through an apprenticeship program, technical school or demonstrated the ability to work without close supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Denison, Texas 75020