Tool and Die II pays $19.71 per hour
DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY!
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE.
LOCATION: DENISON TEXAS
APPLY IN PERSON SNELLING STAFFING
5452 TEXOMA PARKWAY SHERMAN TEXAS 75090
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Loads and unloads material onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Load materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Transfers materials from storage or work sites to designated areas.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or product.
- Assembles crates to contain product for shipment.
- Packaging and re-packaging of product (damaged cardboard, plastic bags, etc.)
- Performs and assures daily inspection of forklift used.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance (PM) of forklift used.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics – works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values
- Organization support – follows policies and procedures
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity – meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; works quickly.
- Safety and Security – observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous or related training/experience preferred.
Ability to read (in English) and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write (in English) simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one- on-one and small group situations to customers, suppliers, and other employees of the company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Shows ability to use sound and prudent judgment and problem-solving skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license – report to HR any change in status.
- Must wear prescription eyeglasses/corrective lenses as dictated by driver’s license.
- Must notify HR of any prescription medications that limits use of heavy machinery
- Must notify HR of any medical changes that could affect ability to operate forklift; seizures, etc.
- Must undergo forklift training conforming to OSHA guidelines and company policies.
- Must pass a written forklift test with a 70% grade or better – will have only one attempt.
- No more than one incident in 6 months, no more than two incidents in one year.
- Must demonstrate the ability to twist & turn in order to drive backwards (one hand on wheel & one on rack behind seat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hand and fingers, climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust.
The employee must demonstrate the ability to twist & turn in order to drive backwards (one hand on wheel & one on rack behind seat).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving equipment and moving mechanical parts.
- The noise levels vary in each work area. The employee must adhere to all PPE requirements in each area.
- The employee must be able to perform tasks in work areas where the temperature is above or below room temperature (72 degrees Fahrenheit).
- The employee will work in a drug-free environment. The employee must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and submit to, and pass, random drug testing. Both of which are provide and administered by outside agencies.
Denison, Texas 75020